Task Force “Market and Sectors” Workshop on use case development
The EUCloudEdgeIoT Task Force 5: Market and Sectors hosted an online workshop on February 13, 2023.
The 2-hour event was centred around the development of Cloud-Edge-IoT use case towards a successful and sustainable deployment.
The main objectives of the workshop were:
- Developing the use case towards market-ready and sustainable deployment
- Receiving experts’ feedback on your use cases (both contextual and technical)
- Identifying areas of collaboration (from shared components to research and industry insights)
- Sharing common challenges and approaches on how to overcome these
- Mapping relative project strengths to avoid duplication of efforts
- Capturing potential cross-sectoral opportunities
15:00 Welcome and introduction
Jose Enrique Alvarez (BluSpecs), Golboo Pourabdollahian (IDC)
15:10 Parallel vertical sessions-Sector Specific Use Case Activities
15:10 Use Case presentation & Peer-to-Peer review
16:00 Cross-sectoral opportunities
16:15 Overview of high priority use cases and how they influence the MetaOS use cases
16:35 Key outcomes and lessons learnt
16:50 Next steps and Q&A
The use cases provided useful input for the understanding of challenges and needs for the Cloud-Edge-IoT Continuum. The collected information and the discussion sessions are transferred to the forthcoming Value-Chain Adopter Groups’ workshops centred on assessing Cloud-Edge-IoT industrial use cases priority drivers in key sectors, such as manufacturing, energy, healthcare, transportation and agriculture.