Due to the amount of data generated and the quick responses required, in the next few years, many companies will require Cloud, Edge and IoT technologies, and in some cases, a blend of the three.
Cloud-Edge-IoT (CEI) technologies can benefit key industrial sectors by speeding up the workflow of low-latency applications, immersive communication, data access and software infrastructures.
Key sectors include healthcare, transportation, manufacturing, agriculture, and energy, with plenty of application opportunities, such as the ones listed below
– Smart medical devices with embedded intelligence.
-Local processing of patient data on edge devices.
– Real-time information processing for decision assistance.
– Automated machinery.
– Smart farming solutions according to specific needs.
– Farmers’ data sovereignty.
– Access to weather data, field management and yield forecasts.
– Data processing for latency and energy efficiency.
– Strategic and intelligent data analysis and planning for maintenance.
– New transportation services (e.g. shared transport platforms and automated vehicles).
– Real-time data analysis increasing efficiency and costs.
– Local energy trading systems.
– Real-time dynamic regulation of power supply.
– Increased consumer participation in energy system operations.
– Industry 4.0.
– Improved data informative value.
– Real-time applications for quality data control.
– Strategic and intelligent operations (e.g. planning, deep data analytics and AI applications).