- This event has passed.
Workshop: Market Pathways for Cloud Edge IoT in the Energy Sector
February 29 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
29th February 13:00 – 16:45 CET, Online
The energy sector is undergoing a transformative journey driven by rapid technological advancements. From traditional energy production models to smart and sustainable solutions, the sector is experiencing a paradigm shift. Key catalysts for this evolution include the integration of cloud computing, edge computing, and the Internet of Things (IoT) into a unified system. This convergence offers unprecedented opportunities for energy providers and businesses to enhance operations, increase efficiency, and embrace sustainable practices. As we navigate the energy landscape, the synergy of these technologies holds the promise of reshaping the future of energy production, distribution, and consumption.
About the webinar
This UNLOCK-CEI webinar, part of the EUCloudEdgeIoT.eu initiative, aims at providing in-depth market and industry insights for the energy sector, with a specific focus on cloud-edge-IoT use cases. The event will provide valuable information and knowledge to navigate the evolving energy landscape and unlock the potential of the Cloud-Edge-IoT continuum in this sector.
13:00 Presentation of results from Unlock-CEI: Market dynamics and opportunities fro European companies – UNLOCK-CEI
13:15 Examples of CloudEdgeIoT Platforms from the Demand Side –Industry experts
- Wilbert Prinssen, Technolution
- Robert de Leeuw, Pionix/Everest
- Henrik Madsen, Grid Edge
- Blaine Mathieu, Pratexo
14:45 Short break
14:50 Use case pitches from the MetaOS portfolio presentation to industry CEI adopters who are interested in trialling the novel CEI solutions –Energy Use Cases
15:50 Coffee break
16:00 Moderated discussion of possible market scenarios and pathways for the European CEI tech providers – EGI
16:45 End of the webinar
About the “Cloud-Egde-IoT industry innovations” webinar series
The “Cloud-Egde-IoT industry innovations” webinar series explore the latest industry trends, discuss sector-specific service requirements, showcase real-world use case presentations, and engage in panel discussions with industry experts to shed light on the challenges and opportunities faced by companies in adopting and harnessing the full potential of these technologies.
Each webinar will focus on a specific sector.
Who should attend
The event is free and open to anyone interested in the cloud, edge, IoT domains as well as related topics including but not limited to Artificial Intelligence, Interoperability, ICT security and connectivity. Moreover, the event is particularly dedicated to agriculture professionals and executives as well as researchers interested in agriculture, crisis management and technology.
More generally, the following profiles are especially invited to participate:
- Business users: including companies and other industrial players interested in using CEI
- Infrastructure and Tech Providers: including hardware, chips and device providers, system integrators and maintainers, edge and multicloud platforms, connectivity and open-source projects
- Service and Application Providers: embedded intelligence and applications, computing, storage, analytics, network slices, orchestrators, security
- Data Management: Intermediators, Connectors, Federators, Pipelines, Resellers, Brokers
- Facilitators: including SDOs, public bodies, PPPs, industry associations, data spaces
- Research, Development and Innovation: including R&D Industry Departments, Research Institutions and Universities, Research Associations, Digital Innovation Hubs.