- This event has passed.
HiPEAC 2024 Conference
January 17 - January 19
The HiPEAC conference took place in Munich, Germany from 17 to 19 January 2024. The conference was organised by HiPEAC, a project managed by HaDEA, and consisted of parallel workshops, tutorials, special sessions, and an industry exhibition.
- 10:00 – CODECO organises an all-day workshop on ‘Flexible and Adaptive Edge to Cloud Orchestration’ and ‘CODECO and its Components: Hands-On’.
- The project COGNIFOG is joining the workshop with a presentation on Edge-Cloud orchestration.
- 10.00 – VEDLiOT (renamed DL4IoT) organises the session ‘DL4IoT: Deep Learning for IoT’.
- ASSIST-IoT will participate in the workshop presenting its deliverables.
- 14.00 – AERO will host a workshop on ‘Computing Continuum of Cloud, Edge, and IoT Technologies’.
- As a clustering event, Vitamin-V, OpenCUBE, and Riser will present their objectives and expected deliverables at the workshop.
- HiPEAC is a European network of almost 2 000 world-class computing systems researchers, industry representatives, and students, comprising actors and stakeholders in the field of cyber-physical systems (CPSoS). It provides a platform for cross-disciplinary research collaboration.
- AERO aims to complement the efforts of the EPI project by developing the open-source software ecosystem required to not only improve the efficiency of the EPI hardware but also accelerate and ease the processor’s integration into the cloud.
- ASSIST-IoT is developing an open, decentralised reference architecture, associated enablers, services and tools to assists human-centric applications in multiple verticals. The proposed solution integrates AI-based functions transferring intelligence closer to the edge (data sources), including devices.
- COGNIFOG is building a cognitive fog framework to tackle the challenge of limited network capacities due to data generation. By analysing data at the periphery of the network, closer to the data source or computing devices, network traffic will be reduced, thereby leading to more energy-efficient IT systems with lower latency.
- CODECO is working to achieve a smoother and more flexible support of services across the Edge-Cloud continuum by creating a novel, cognitive Edge-Cloud management framework. It is developing an ecosystem of open-source toolkits, large-scale experimentation, training tools and events, use-cases across four vertical domains (Smart Cities, Energy, Manufacturing, Smart Buildings).
- DECICE is addressing challenges in the rapidly expanding cloud computing industry. Focused on Smart Cities, industrial automation, and data analytics, it unifies diverse systems into centrally controlled compute clusters. With a specific focus on dynamic scheduling in distributed environments, DECICE introduces an AI-SCHEDULER for energy-efficient compute orchestration. The project emphasizes increased control through an API and aims to showcase usability and benefits through real-life use cases.
- OpenCUBE is setting out a full-stack solution of a validated European Cloud computing blueprint to be deployed on European hardware infrastructure. The project will provide a unified software stack that captures the different best practices and open-source tooling on the operating system, middleware, and system management level.
- RISER is developing the first all-European RISC-V cloud server infrastructure, significantly enhancing Europe’s open strategic autonomy. The project is working on open-source designs for standardised form-factor system platforms that will be suitable for supporting cloud services and deploying cloud applications.
- Vitamin-V is deploying a complete RISC-V hardware-software stack for cloud services based on innovative cloud open-source technologies for RISC-V cores with a special focus on European Processor Initiative cores. It incorporates an innovative RISC-V virtual execution environment providing hardware emulation and simulation.