- This event has passed.
Cloud-Edge-IoT Innovations in Manufacturing: Unveiling Market Insights and Use Cases
July 10 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
The manufacturing industry has witnessed a remarkable transformation in recent years, driven by rapid technological advancements. From automation to artificial intelligence, emerging trends are reshaping how factories operate and revolutionising traditional manufacturing processes. One of the key drivers of this transformation is the convergence of cloud computing, edge computing, and the Internet of Things (IoT) into a seamless continuum. The CEI continuum offers unprecedented opportunities for manufacturers to optimise operations, enhance productivity, and unlock new levels of efficiency. This UNLOCK CEI webinar, part of the EUCloudEdgeIoT.eu initiative, aims at providing in-depth market and industry insights for the manufacturing sector, with a specific focus on cloud-edge-IoT use cases. It will also provide valuable information and knowledge to navigate the evolving manufacturing landscape and unlock the true potential of the Cloud-Edge-IoT continuum in this sector. The event is co-organised with Meta Operating Systems projects of the EUCEI Community.
About the “Cloud-Edge-IoT industry innovations” webinar series
The “Cloud-Edge-IoT industry innovations” webinar series will explore the latest industry trends, discuss sector-specific service requirements, showcase real-world use case presentations, and engage in panel discussions with industry experts to shed light on the challenges and opportunities faced by companies in adopting and harnessing the full potential of these technologies. Each webinar will focus on a specific sector.
Who should attend
The event is free and open to anyone interested in the cloud, edge, and IoT domains as well as related topics, including but not limited to Artificial Intelligence, Interoperability, ICT security and connectivity. Moreover, the event is particularly dedicated to manufacturing professionals, executives, and researchers interested in manufacturing and technology. More generally, the following profiles are especially invited to participate:
- Business users: including companies and other industrial players interested in using CEI
- Infrastructure and Tech Providers: including hardware, chips and device providers, system integrators and maintainers, edge and multi-cloud platforms, connectivity and open-source projects
- Service and Application Providers: embedded intelligence and applications, computing, storage, analytics, network slices, orchestrators, security
- Data Management: Intermediators, Connectors, Federators, Pipelines, Resellers, Brokers
- Facilitators: including SDOs, public bodies, PPPs, industry associations, data spaces
- Research, Development and Innovation: including R&D Industry Departments, Research Institutions and Universities, Research Associations, Digital Innovation Hubs.
- 14:00 Setting the scene: Innovations in Manufacturing Industry
Welcome and opening remarks, Maria Giuffrida, Senior Researcher, Trust-IT
UNLOCK-CEI’s overview & Cloud-Edge-IoT market trends in manufacturing, Golboo Pourabdollahian, Consulting Manager, European Government Consulting, IDC
Service requirements for leveraging the data-driven value streams in manufacturing sector, Marieke Rohde, Scientific Consultant for Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence, VDI/VDE Innovation + Technik
- 14:25 Presentation of the Cloud-Edge-IoT Manufacturing use cases
AerOs use case, Eneko Rada, R&D Project Manager, Innovalia
FluidOS use case, Guillem Gari, R&D Engineer, Robotnik Automation SLL
- 14:55 Panel discussion: Empowering Cloud-Edge-IoT in Manufacturing
Guillem Gari, R&D Engineer, Robotnik Automation SLL
Ignacio Lacalle, Researcher, Universitat Politècnica de València
Eneko Rada, R&D Project Manager, Innovalia
Clara Pezuela, Vice-President Funded Programs, Fiware
Maria Rossetti, Project Manager, MADE Competence Center
Alissa Zaccaria, EU Project Coordinator, Intellimech
- 15:20 Wrap-up and closure