Shaping the uptake of cloud-to-edge based services to support industrial use cases
Cloud computing, Edge computing and IoT can transform businesses across Europe. Are European organisations ready?
6 February 2023
15:00 – 16:00 CET, Online
The European Cloud, Edge & IoT Continuum is engaging with industry and business representatives from across Europe to understand the current status of technology uptake and demand-supply dynamics and define future market scenarios, pathways and demand-pull business opportunities brought by the convergence of cloud, edge and IoT.
One way to understand key trends and grasp requirements to accelerate the adoption of CEI is to interact with representatives of key industries and value chains and collect their input on how to further develop this growing market.
UNLOCK CEI is one of the Coordination and Support Actions funded in the EUCloudEdgeIoT.eu initiative to understand and predict possible market scenarios at the convergence of Cloud, Edge and IoT (CEI) technologies and support their adoption by companies and other relevant industrial players.
About the webinar
The second UNLOCK CEI webinar was the occasion to present the activities towards the creation of an engaged community of CEI adopters to help understand the requirements for the future uptake of such technologies and provide insights to guide future research and innovation in this field. The event opened the first wave of Value Chain Adopter workshops scheduled between February and March 2023
The event was free and open to anyone interested in the cloud, edge, IoT domains as well as related topics including but not limited to Artificial Intelligence, Interoperability, ICT security and connectivity. However, the following professionals participated:
- Business users: including companies and other industrial players interested in using CEI, operating in various industrial sectors, such as manufacturing, building, mobility, energy, agriculture
- Infrastructure and Tech Providers: including hardware, chips and device providers, system integrators and maintainers, edge and multicloud platforms, connectivity and open-source projects
- Service and Application Providers: embedded intelligence and applications, computing, storage, analytics, network slices, orchestrators, security
- Data Management: Intermediators, Connectors, Federators, Pipelines, Resellers, Brokers
- Facilitators: including SDOs, public bodies, PPPs, industry associations, data spaces
- Applied Research, Development and Innovation: including R&D Industry Departments, Applied Research Institutions and Universities, Research Associations, Digital Innovation Hubs.
- 15:00 Part 1 – Introduction
- Welcome and interactive session, Maria Giuffrida, Trust-IT
- Project’s overview & Cloud-Edge-IoT demand landscape, Golboo Pourabdollahian, IDC
- 15:15 Part 2 – Presentation of the Value Chain Adopter Workshops
- Value Chain Adopter Groups, Inessa Seifert, VDI/VDE Innovation + Technik
- First wave of workshops organisation and approach, Mark Dietrich, EGI
- 15:30 Part 3 – Supporting industrial use cases: a voice to the experts
- Tom de Block, AIOTI
- Hauke Timmermann, ECO – Association of the Internet Industry
- 15:45 Part 4 – Wrap-up and closure
- Interactive session with the audience and Q&A, Maria Giuffrida, Trust-IT
- Conclusion, Maria Giuffrida, Trust-IT
Watch the recording